Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Going Green

I was perusing the blogosphere when I happened across this Lovely Little Site, Little Homstead in the City. It is a website/blog about a family in Pasadena, CA. They grow all their own fruits and Vegetables. Along with herbs, eggs, milk, edible flowers, etc.



This is MY DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For some time now I have been wanting to plant my own garden. Unfortunately, our yard is made up of sand and weeds, and a few patches of grass. Right before we found out we were preggers, we had plans to redo the yard, and things have been put on hold since then. But as of recent, it has been tugging on my heart more and more. Just imagine, fresh organice food!! And saving money! So, I have started saving seeds and have started doing more research again. I'm jumping back into composting, so I can have some fresh compost to plant goodies in and am thinking of making planter boxes. I've heard this is a super productive way to start a garden.

This weekend is the start of our new adventure. And an adventure, good or bad, it will be. I know it will be all worth it in the end. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment