Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Party

Photobucket

We planned a last minute Birthday Party for Cohen. Well, I had known for a while what I wanted to do, but taking the next step just kept getting pushed back. I think I lost best Mom ever award points for that. But hopefully I made up for it in the end.

Cohen has really been into race cars lately. Along with planes, trains, boats, etc. But I decided to go with the race car theme and an Americana theme, since his birthday fell in Memorial Day this year.

We ventured out to Lil 500 for some Go Kart Racing.

Photobucket

Cohen was really excited. I was hyping him up all morning. And hoping I wasn't overdoing it.

Photobucket

The kids took about 3 turns around the track. They are able to drive the steering wheel and you can also take over control with you own. So you don't crash. It was pretty cool.

Photobucket

My brother and I grew up going to Lil 500 and I also introduced Jason to the place for his 30th Birthday. And now I'm even more excited to show my kids.

Photobucket

After the kids had their fair share of the go karts. The Big Kids (the guys) wanted to have their turn at the Fast Track.

Photobucket

And this is what happens when you are too focused on making silly facial expressions...

Photobucket

...you spin out. And he did this twice. Goofy Dad.

We then headed back to the house for lunch which was pulled chicken sandwiches, corn on the cob, baked beans, and salad.

And followed that up with some cake!

Photobucket

Photobucket

and ended the afternoon with a few photobooth shots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment