Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Cable-less Family

It has been almost 2 months since we got rid of our cable. We were watching way too much tv. Like, sitting in front of the tube every night while eating dinner. I was also letting Cohen watch way too much tv. I hated that I was doing that. But at times I just needed the space. So one day a couple of months ago, Jason and I looked at each other and said let's get rid of the cable. And we did. That week.

To be honest it hasn't been as hard as I thought it may be. That's not to say it's been easy and that I don't miss it. I do miss it. It's not the same watching tv on a 17" computer monitor. But because of that we watch a total of 2 shows a week and that's not really every week. I do miss sitting on a comfy couch, watching tv and sometimes having a snack. Especially on those nights when Jason is gone. But it's been good. It's allowed me to be more productive - keeping up on the cleaning, editing photos, playing more with the kids.

But really, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. And I believe it's all because of the Lord. He knows how much I love tv. Love. It wouldn't have been an option or even put on my heart if he hadn't put it there. It was his way of telling me that I needed to cut the tv out of my life, out of our lives. And I am thankful for that. The best part of not having cable is that my relationship with Him has gotten so much better. I am reading my bible every day, talking to him more and maybe even praying more, and I was good at praying before.

I think not having cable it also going to allow for more opportunities for me and for my family in the future. I am looking forward to what God has in store for us. And pray that I will continue to listen to him and let him guide me every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment