Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cohen's First Painting

About a month or so ago I bought Cohen a small canvas to do his own painting on, which would then go on our newly forming collage wall in the living room. It took me a while to get around to it, but this past Saturday I sat down with him to show him how to paint.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He was really excited to get started. And I was excited to see what he would produce. I let him pick out all the colors that he wanted to use, which ended up being every color of the rainbow plus black and brown.

At first I just let him do what he wanted, plus I was trying to take a few pictures. I then noticed I needed to show him how to clean off his brush in between every paint color and how to not blend the colors together. Looking back I should have sat down with him before letting him start and explain everything thoroughly. Because once he got a hold of the black, he wanted everything to be black. I may have been a not so nice mommy for a couple of seconds there. It wasn't my best moment. But we got past it and he continued to paint until he was all done and was ready for the pool. I do know that he enjoyed it though because he has been asking about every other day now if he can paint.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment