Monday, July 11, 2011

Finally an Almost Completed Compost Bin


I have been trying to get this thing built well over a year may even be 2 years ago. But it's finally almost complete. lol. We got some untreated wood pallets from a friend some time ago in hopes of constructing our own compost bins. I found someone online through a blog who did this and I decided to copy. I thought it would be a more economical way. I needed to add some extra slats to the pallets and then screw them all together with some 8' pieces of wood. As you can see, I still need to get a few more boards and then we will be well on our way to making our own compost. I am so excited!! No more burying or throwing out waste that can be useful. And as you can see there will be three separate bins. Hopefully it will yield enough compost for our gardening needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment