Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Scenes from the Long Weekend

This Memorial Day weekend was crazy busy!

We celebrated Cohen's 2nd birthday on Saturday morning (more details to come later). But we were surrounded by amazing family and friends, lots of laughter, and had just an amazing time. I was so excited to throw Cohen a birthday party this year. I think because he kind of knows what's going on, so to see him having fun is exciting. The rain held out, the sun was shining, it couldn't have been a better morning. We had some friends and family stay a little after the party ended, then I took a much needed nap and relaxed on the sofa the rest of the evening. I was exhausted.


Late Sunday afternoon we headed out to meet up with some friends at a local hotel they were staying out. Unfortunately I didn't bring the camera, therefore no pictures, but it was a wonderful evening as well. We had some family time, just the three of us, swimming around the lazy river in the pool area. It was the perfect ending to our day, just what I needed. There is something about not being as relaxed when your home, at least for me, probably because I'm a stay at home mom and a little because the house isn't how I want it, decorated. So, to be outside of the house, cooling off in a pool with my two favorite men was bliss. Cohen is loving the water these days and it is just so fun to see all the excitement and joy in his little face. He loves being a "fish".


Our Memorial Day was busy, fun, and went by way too fast. First we went to our church's Annual Memorial Day Picnic. Most Memorial Days are extremely hot and filled with love bugs. This year was surprisingly pleasant. We had a great time watching Cohen play and loving the outdoors, relaxing and talking with friends and just enjoying God's creation.


After the Picnic we headed to Jason's Aunt's House for a nice Puerto RicanDinner. There was tons of food. Rice. Sausage. Ribs. Steak. Chicken. Salad. More and More food. I think I ate enough food for 4 people. It was too good not to eat. We had a great time catching up with family that we don't see that often.

No comments:

Post a Comment