Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

For Halloween this year I wanted to do something fun and a little different for Cohen's costume. I was browsing the blogosphere one day when I came across this cute little homemade costume...



Max from Where the Wild Things Are!! I instantly fell in LOVE with it! I browsed the internet and found there are no Max costumes available. Then I asked one of my friends who is an amazing Seamstress how much it would cost me to have her make it. And once i realized it would be around $50 - $75, I thought that this may never happen, because we clearly don't have that kind of money for a one time affair.

So, I've been scouring the internet trying to find gray pajamas that I could configure into a Max Costume. And today I came across this from Old Navy...



and it's perfect! It has the footies, mittens, and hood already! I just have to get some extra fabric to make the correct ears and add some claws. then find some fur from a thrift store and gold fabric and we're set!! Hopefully the Old Navy's near me have the one-piece I need!! I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment