- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 13-ounce can tomatillos, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1. In a resealable plastic bag combine cornmeal, flour, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add chicken pieces, a few at a time. Seal bag; shake to coat.
2. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.
3. Meanwhile, for salsa, coarsely chop tomatillos (you should have about 1 cup). In a small bowl stir together tomatillos, cilantro, onion, lime juice, and jalapeno pepper. Serve salsa over chicken. Makes 4 servings