Monday, December 5, 2011

The Corn Maze

The day after Thanksgiving we headed out to the Annual Corn Maze. My parents joined us again this year and our dear friends Spencer and Christie also joined us. We had really great weather and the kids seemed to have enjoyed themselves.

Photobucket

A story about these boots. When we went to Kentucky to welcome Mike home from Afghanistan, I forgot the carrier in the back of my car, in Florida. So we went to the store and bought one to use and inside the box were these boots. We returned the carrier and kept the boots. So I guess technically we stole the boots. But no one knew they were in there until we opened the box. Oh well. They were just too cute.

Photobucket

My dad sharing his lemonade with Avery. I believe this is the first time she's used a straw and definitely the first time she had lemonade. It took her a bit to figure it out. And I can't remember her reaction to the lemonade.

Photobucket

When we first got there we let the kids run free and play on the playground. They also played in the rock labyrinth and mist maze.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I made sure to get a family picture. As long as we can see their faces it's all good to me.

Photobucket

Cohen really likes trains and cars these days. He was really excited to ride in this one. And even more excited that he got to sit in the very front.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

There are a ton of clues inside the maze to help you figure out the puzzle. It's fun and also very tiresome. We only got half way through. I think if we didn't have kids, we would have finished it. It was still fun, and despite the face Cohen is making in the picture above he did behave pretty well. He of course just didn't want to take a picture.

Photobucket Photobucket

We ended our day with a walk through the market. My parents bought a bundle of sweet corn and kindly shared it with us. It was indeed sweet. We were there a few hours and it was long enough to have fun and not too long that we were overly tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment