Thursday, January 20, 2011

Avery's Room - the Dresser

I haven't done any updates on Avery's Room in a long time. I have just a few things to finish and then it will be complete, for now.

Photobucket

I bought this dresser off of craigslist. It was $30 bucks. I was intending on refinishing it and using it in the entry way. But then we found out that we were pregnant and I thought that if we were to have a girl then I would want to use it in her bedroom. Thankfully we did have a girl and it's now in her bedroom.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

I had every intention of redoing it myself. But then my dad volunteered to do it when a nurse friend of the family said that I really shouldn't be refinishing the dresser. I didn't argue.

Photobucket

The main part of the dresser was wood, but the top was a laminate. My dad sanded it down really well, gave it three coats of primer, paint and poly. He still wants to add another coat of poly, but I said he had done enough and it looked great. We also spray painted the handles and lined the drawers. I love how it looks. It adds a touch of girly to the room without being too much.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I think the second photo of the finished dresser is most accurate in color.

No comments:

Post a Comment