Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 27th Birthday. 27. 2-7. I feel like it is so much older than 26. Maybe because it's that much closer to 30. Even though I don't feel like 30 is old. I mean, I have a husband who is 31. And I don't think he's old. But I am excited for this year of life.

Last night Jason took me out for my birthday. We went to Five Guys, walked around Cranes Roost Park, got some ice cream at ColdStone, and browsed through Pier 1. But what I really enjoyed was the fact that we got to talk for 3.5 hours. Three and a half hours about us. Where we are as a couple. Where we are as individuals. How we have grown as a couple and individually. Our goals. Where we see ourselves in the future. We hadn't talked like that in so long. Having two kids really does take a lot of your time. I'm looking forward to many more conversations with my husband as we grow in our marriage. He is truly my best friend and I am forever grateful to God for putting him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment