Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Couch to 5K

One of my goals this year is to become a runner. I mean, I guess I already am a runner. But running during a 90 minute soccer game is totally different than just running. I started running right before I got pregnant with Cohen but that's also where it ended. This year I'm determined to really become a runner. I have goals to run a 5K and even a 10K. And we'll see if I get beyond that. I have a lot of fitness goals this year and running is where I'm starting.

Photobucket

I decided to do the Couch to 5K. I've heard of other friends doing it and I read over the schedule and it really feels doable.

Today was my first day of training. I did it after my Body Pump Class, which at first I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing, but it ended up working out really well. Although my legs were shaking during class I felt really good running afterwards. Or jogging. I wasn't tired and I felt energized, which is really good when you will be chasing after 2 kids for the rest of the day.

I also weighed myself today. Which I was a little nervous about seeing as how it was just the holidays. But I am down another 1.5 pounds. Just 3.5 pounds till I reach my goal weight! I am super excited. I'm sure the stomach flu helped out some there too. :)

Other fitness health goals I have are to drink more water. I use to be really good about that, but lately I haven't been as much. As mentioned before I want to reach my goal weight, which is also my pre-pregnancy weight. And I want to tone up more. I find it's been hard after having two kids, but I think running is going to help and the drinking of more water and to just continue watching what I eat.

I'm really excited for this year and these goals! The past year or so I've really been finding myself and what things I want to do with my time. And I think there is just going to be a lot to look forward to this year!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for running! I ran several 5ks and 2 half marathons in 2008-2009, but I've been a slacker since. Wish I had kept it up, since I tried a couple 3 mile runs in December and it was killer after pretty much two years off. Blech.

    ReplyDelete