Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day of Firsts

Today was a day of firsts for me. Not only is it the first day of Fall (my favorite time of the year)! But I was brave and took both kids to the grocery store. I wish I would have gotten someone to take a picture of me. It would have been one for the memory books. But I'm sure I'm not the only one with a kid strapped in a sling and the other in the cart, grocery shopping. I was intimidated by the whole thing, taking both kids. But we so badly needed groceries and I wasn't about to wait till later in the evening. Because I knew I wouldn't want to go then. But it worked out really well. I took my time and Avery actually liked being in the baby carrier. She just grasped tightly onto my shirt and took everything in. I think her favorite position is to be upright. Can't say that I blame her. There's more to see.

The second first was to take both kids out on a walk. By myself. We had recently gotten our double stroller and had yet to use it. I had some free time before I needed to nurse Avery again and since both kids were in a good mood, I thought it would be a good idea to go on a walk. Plus, Jason had been hinting in a not so loving way that I should start "exercising". Men. Oh well. I'm just waiting for the 6 week mark and the clear to be able to exercise.

Not that it is officially fall, I'm looking forward to boots, pumpkins, fall colors and cooler weather. We really don't get much of a fall here in Florida, but I will take what I can get.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you, momma! I'm sure you were awesome. I am really excited about fall too. I will miss wearing our boots and being fashionistas together. :)

    ReplyDelete