Thursday, September 15, 2011

Enjoying the weather

Today I decided to skip my usual morning work out and pack a lunch and take the kids to a nearby park. The weather has been pretty nice lately. Not roll your car windows down or open the windows in the house. But where you can spend 2 hours outside without feeling like you are going to pass out.

Photobucket

I am loving where Cohen is at right now. Despite his whines and temper tantrums, he is loving, outgoing, fun, eager to learn, asks lots of questions (which I do get tired of admittedly), enthusiastic...he's just a lot of fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Recently Avery has learned how to climb the ladder on the backyard playground and then slide down the slide. It's so fun to see her being independent and at the park was no exception. She was loving the slide.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is where Cohen was watching out for Avery when there were bigger boys going around her on this part of the playground.

Photobucket

It looks as if he's choking her and sometimes he borderlines choking her, but this is how he plays with her. Avery does not like it. At all.

Photobucket

After a little bit of playing around we decided it was time for lunch. The bad thing about eating at the park is the squirrels. They aren't afraid of humans. I think people tend to throw them food and they have gotten pretty brave and comfortable. One got way too close to Cohen on top of the table and I freaked out. Like the squirrel was only a foot away from him! I literally screamed. Thankfully it went away. And it was at the end of our lunch time.

Photobucket

Not letting Mommy take any pictures of his handsome face.

Photobucket

I love this picture of Avery. You can't see her face, but just something about it really speaks to me.

Photobucket

This is the first time that I have seen Avery clap. This could also very well be her first time clapping. But I don't know. It was so cute and she was so proud of herself.

I asked Cohen during lunch if he wanted to keep doing this and he said yes. I said yes too. So, I think I will start doing more of this...but after my morning work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment